Cloud, Interrupted: The Official SoftLayer Podcast, Episode 3
You’re never going to believe this. You already know the second episode of Cloud, Interrupted—the one, the only, the official SoftLayer podcast—hit the streets in December. And now, coming in hot, we’re bringing you the long-awaited third episode of Cloud, Interrupted—only a month after the last one! Contain your excitement. We’re getting good at this.
In the third episode of our authoritative, esteemed podcast, we discuss why our first podcasts were recorded in wind tunnels, we pat ourselves on the back for being doers and not scholars, and we reveal the humble, testosterone-fueled origins of the iconic Server Challenge.
Join Kevin Hazard, director of digital content, Phil Jackson, lead technology evangelist, and Teddy Vandenberg, manager of network provisioning, as they wreak havoc interrupting the world of cloud. Yet again.
You skipped that fluff-filled intro, didn’t you? We’ll reward your impatience with the CliffsNotes:
Cloud, Interrupted, Episode 3: In the end, you’ve gotta start somewhere.
- [00:00:01] Yo yo yo, it’s the new and improved bleep bloops!
- [00:00:25] We’ve finally stopped recording Cloud, Interrupted from our pillow forts. Now we just follow the mountains and valleys.
- [00:04:23] So you want to host your own podcast? Cool. Take it from us on the ultimate, definitive, pretty-much-only guide to success: gear, software, and magical editing.
- [00:06:24] Teddy takes us on a boring tangent about startups that’s not really a tangent at all. (You decide if it’s boring.)
- [00:07:25] Ha ha, Kevin totally used to trick out his MySpace page.
- [00:09:16] GOOD JOB, PHIL!
- [00:09:26] Phil was THE most popular kid in school. That’s how he started programming.
- [00:13:40] There are two types of technical people: those that do and those that read the docs. Teddy doesn’t read the docs. Ask him about YUM.
- [00:17:59] C’mon, Kevin. No one wants to build a server at a conference for fun. What a dumb idea!