Have you ever wondered what happens when you put three cloud guys in a room to talk cloud? Our curiosity was insatiable, so doggone it, we went and did it. We hereby officially present to you our brand new podcast: Cloud, Interrupted.
Join Kevin Hazard, director of digital content, Phil Jackson, lead technology evangelist, and Teddy Vandenberg, manager of network provisioning, as they wreak havoc interrupting the world of cloud.
In case you’re a skimmer, here’s the highlight reel:
- [00:00:05] Phil isn’t a Stanley, but he is a germophobe.
- [00:01:44] Are we interrupted by the cloud or are we interrupting the cloud?
- [00:03:22] We have goals with this podcast, we swear.
- [00:04:34] Teddy drops the bass.
- [00:05:58] What’s a better word for “cloud” than “cloud”?
- [00:08:12] Where social interaction influences the real world: Meet “passive computing” and the trifecta.
- [00:10:44] Who cares what Phil has to say?
- [00:11:51] Phil reminisces about that time he explained web hosting to the Harris County Tax Office.
- [00:16:02] Then Teddy’s analogy was used against Phil.
- [00:19:21] IBM to the rescue!
- [00:20:45] Oops. He had to do it again.
- [00:23:11] New and old technologies get lost in translation. “To the cloud!”
- [00:25:54] You exist in the cloud more and you will start to understand the cloud more.
- [00:30:31] Now this is a podcast about Costco.
- [00:31:03] Wait a second. Who’s Kevin? And why isn’t SoftLayer on Snapchat?
- [00:32:56] Teddy’s relationship with IBM is complicated, but the cat is fine.
- [00:33:45] Hot tip: Unplug both ends of your telephone cable and reverse it.
We hope you dig it.